How to use two applications simultaneously on Samsung Galaxy devices
With one of the latest updates to the proprietary shell of the Samsung One UI interface, the company has made many positive changes. But at the same time, the multitasking function was rather complicated. It can still be used. Fortunately, there are several ways to use two applications simultaneously on Galaxy S10 smartphones and any other Samsung device in general.
The method is suitable not only for the already mentioned Galaxy S10, but also for S9, S8, Note 9, Note 8 and in general any smartphone with One UI user interface installed.
How to use multitasking. Method 1
As mentioned above, Samsung has changed the way users access the split screen function to use two applications at the same time. To do this, you need to take a few simple steps.
- To get started, launch both applications that you want to use together.
- Open the Recent menu, and then click on the icon of any application that you want to use in split screen mode.
- Then click “Open in split screen mode.” This option will be available only if the application supports multitasking. Otherwise, the function will not be displayed.
- Now you can select the second application and start multitasking. When you select applications, both will be automatically displayed in split screen mode.
How to use multitasking. Method 2
- Launch the application, open the “Recent” menu.
- Click on the application icon.
- From the list of options, click “Open in a pop-up window.”
- Now the application will open in a popup window.
- You can drag the application anywhere on the screen, and you can even resize the application. Next, just run the second application.
- To close the pop-up application, simply click on the “X” icon or drag it into the basket, which will appear at the top of the screen after a long tap on the program.
How to use multitasking. Method 3
- Go to Settings. Select the Edge screen, and then select Edge panels. Turn on this feature.
- Then click “Change” and in the upper left corner of the screen you can see an option in which you can create a pair for applications.
- Now you can select two necessary applications from the list, and when this is done, click on the “Finish” button.
- The pair is created. Now, in order to launch a couple of applications, call the Edge panel from any screen.
To do this, swipe due to the right border of the display approximately in the middle of the screen. You will see a per-created pair. Tap on her.
- How to turn Samsung’s flagship smartphone into a Linux PC
- Samsung has seriously increased the autonomy of the Galaxy S10 in the latest update
- Galaxy S10 in Russia fell by 20 thousand rubles in two months
- Galaxy S9 got support for night mode shooting like in Galaxy S10
- King of the Galaxy: how the Galaxy S10, S10 + and S10e